Doodles in the margin from an artist living and working in the Scottish Borders.

Tuesday 16 October 2012

Thought Bubbles.

The Thought Bubble Sequential Arts Festival, to give it the name it goes by at its Gran's, is on in Leeds from the 11th to the 18th November. As part of it, the 3rd Northern Sequential Art Competition is running, and the entries are live online now on THIS LINK HERE. Have a browse.

There's some very fine work in there, and although I've not had a close look at everything and it's probably unfair to pick out individuals, a couple really caught my eye - Sarah Fogg's 'The Tale of the Selkie' and 'Boundary' by Corban Wilkin. I think these are lovely.

http://thoughtbubblefestival.com/wp-content/gallery/nsac2012-adults/boundary-1191x842.jpg




http://thoughtbubblefestival.com/wp-content/gallery/nsac2012-adults/the-tale-of-the-selkie.jpg 


Mine's called 'I Held Stuff' and it is a true story. My Dad has not seen it yet. It's this one.



I have to say, it's a terrible likeness of my Dad.

UPDATE: my mum has shown it to my dad. He seems quietly pleased with it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails