Doodles in the margin from an artist living and working in the Scottish Borders.

Monday 9 August 2010

Strangely Like Cattle ... But Cattle on Bikes

The Pave, oil on board, 24" x 18".


This year's Tour de France
was fantastic, not least because of the use of the treacherous cobbled roads over which the Paris- Roubaix road race ("The Hell of the North") is ridden.

Dust, colour, spectacle and noise, all at collarbone-threatening speeds, it was magnificent to watch.

Next year, Andy - next year.

Actually, I'll add something. Ambivalent as I may be about the finished product (I'm in post-painting tristesse) that little bleeder in the yellow t-shirt there on the left gave me no end of trouble. That he ended up with a fecking great big hat on is not unconnected with the difficulties I had with his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails