Doodles in the margin from an artist living and working in the Scottish Borders.

Thursday 2 February 2012

Hell of a Colour.

I tried, I tried really hard today to get this up as some sort of zoom-in-able PDF thing or lovely flash flip-page book complete with crinkling page sound effects so that you could actually read the damn thing, but... well, it just didn't happen.


After many wasted hours this afternoon, I was about ready to chew through the desk in  frustration, but a week ago today I fell off my bike on an icy patch and gave my ribs a proper good crack, and I've just taken two of the wonking great painkillers that the doctor gave me yesterday and I'm a lot more relaxed about it all than I was a couple of hours ago. So I thought what the hell, just get it posted. You can at least look at the pictures. Look at all the pretty colours. Wow.


Anyway: it's a technical exercise in learning how to colour (and letter better) but also a sincere tip of the hat to Mr. Mignola for creating such a great character, and to the likes of Duncan Fegredo and Richard Corben for all their fantastic and inspirational illustration. I dare say it's a copyright infringement festival, but it's not for sale, just a big doff of the hat.


(Right click & 'open image in new tab' lets you zoom in and read.)

 Sing and readalong here:











No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails