Doodles in the margin from an artist living and working in the Scottish Borders.

Monday 18 July 2011

Finnished.

I'm very aware that there are lots of comic artists out there whose work I find far superior to mine, so I always post comic work with a certain degree of trepidation, but I completed six pages of artwork for a the Strip Magazine 'Spotlight' Competition today.

Been working on a sci-fi/adventure story in collaboration with writer Matthew Craig, who now has to find out whether or not I left enough space for captions and speech bubbles.

I read recently that your good taste will carry you on through the early stages of your work while the quality of your output isn't that great, and the only way to improve it is to work, work, work. This certainly has been the case with my paintings, and I venture to suggest that my comic art is improving too. I feel I'm finding my way as regards a style, and what works and what doesn't. It's frustrating and quite exciting.

Anyway, Finn, yes. 

I'm not going to blow either the story or all the MASSIVE SPECIAL EFFECTS so, by way of a teaser, some people looking a bit perplexed in The Future:

The Future.

Capt. Beaumont, in hologram form. 

Capt. Beaumont, and his hologram beard.

Finn.

Aaaaahhh! What the hell is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails