Doodles in the margin from an artist living and working in the Scottish Borders.

Monday 6 June 2011

Music on Monday: Like Wrestling With a Live Piano.

Right, the accordion, then.



That's what I thought, anyway, but two things lately have started to change my opinion a bit. Firstly, the splendid Inge Thomson played with Karine Polwart at a live gig and then yesterday afternoon at a barbecue in the rain we met Andrew Waite.

I had a very odd feeling I knew him from somewhere, soon as they mentioned the accordion, and it turns out he's a Young Traditional Musician Finalist. He sat with his accordion in the lee of the house to keep it out of the rain and knocked out a couple of tunes. The young feller is dazzling, and in his honour I have learned for this blog post to spell accordion properly.

Click on the picture and be dazzled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails