Doodles in the margin from an artist living and working in the Scottish Borders.

Monday 17 January 2011

Music on Monday: And What's That Tune He's Always Whistling?

"When I was a kid, I had a neighbour that we all wondered about.

"But everybody has a neighbour that they wonder about.

"And then you grow up and you're the neighbour."

When you can be old like Tom Waits the whole concept of youth seems overhyped.

(Speaking of only knowing a couple of things about your neighbours, at my last house we had a neighbour called Eddie who had a beautiful retriever called Troy [Derby winner, 1979.]. The last summer, I borrowed a book from him and when he called round for it I was out. He signed the note he left on the back door 'Alan.' I'd been calling him Eddie, often to his face, for four years.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails