Doodles in the margin from an artist living and working in the Scottish Borders.

Wednesday 18 August 2010

Putting on the Style


I lost a plug from the handlebar end a while ago, and anyway it had 'Bikehut' on it in big, clear letters, which were visible no matter how much black marker I applied.

My friend Colin - cyclist and Nature Reservist (in the event of war he is camouflague) - asked a while ago for some champagne corks for just this task, and they've been lurking in my car for months now so I thought I'd put them to some use. If it's good enough for his Mercian, I reasoned, then it'll do for my eBay Dawes. I spent a very pleasant half hour whittlin' with a Stanley knife and - voila. Bar end plugs with a bit of panache.

Putting the 'bar' into handlebar. Yaboom.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails