Doodles in the margin from an artist living and working in the Scottish Borders.

Thursday 1 April 2010

Moonlight, Snow and Mutant Cat Action.


One of the tremendous advantages of stress related insomnia is that it frees up so much useful work time that would otherwise be frittered away sleeping.

When I got up for a soothing hot chocolate this morning (I know, I know, you're not supposed to stimulate the brain by internet or television etc.) there was a thin, bitter-looking layer of snow on the cars and a fine, hard white moon, almost full. Moonlight and snow is such a powerful and bleakly evocative sight, it was rather beautiful. Bloody cold, mind.

I did this piece (not tonight) as a commission for my mother, who has a special affection for the cathedral close at Wells. And cats.



I think one day I'd like to do a more refined version. One day. In the meantime, I'm getting on with my first ever piece of published comic strip artwork, efficiently summarised by it's splendid creator Matthew Craig as "sixteen pages of mutant cat action."

Everyone likes cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails